News Muse

Musings from the editors of DisciplesWorld magazine on news, religion and whatever else we feel like writing about.

November 03, 2005

Tomorrow is the big day

Tomorrow morning, I will fly out of Indianapolis at 6 a.m., arriving in New York via Washington DC at 9:30. I'll spend the day in New York City with a friend from college, then back to JFK for an 11 p.m. nonstop flight to Amman.

I am excited and nervous -- honestly, a little bit scared. I don't fly well or easily. But this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I am tremendously glad of it.

I will be in Amman, Jordan, Saturday night through Wednesday morning. Then in Petra, the Rose City, Wednesday and Thursday nights, and the Dead Sea Friday and Saturday nights. Then back to Amman and New York and Washington and home.

I appreciate your prayers and good wishes. I'll try to give you all a good taste of what I'm seeing, hearing, and feeling.

Salaam!

Sherri