News Muse

Musings from the editors of DisciplesWorld magazine on news, religion and whatever else we feel like writing about.

February 23, 2006

On my way home

I leave the World Council of Churches (WCC) 9th Assembly today to head home to Indianapolis. I will miss some of the excitement of the last day -- the election of a new moderator, the closing worship service. But I have experienced so much here; I have learned so much. I take home a wealth of information, ideas, and hope for the ecumencial movement.

You'll see a few more stories about the assembly on the DisciplesWorld website, a very brief news wrap-up in the April issue of DisciplesWorld, and then a feature story in the May issue.

I am thankful for the opportunity to have been here at this moment of change in the ecumenical movement, and to witness Disciples right in the midst of it.